Fashion Designing Course After 10th
Would you like to enroll in a fashion design diploma program? And looking for information on the fashion design diploma program. We'll briefly go over all of the diploma in the fashion designing course's specifics in this article.
A one-year, diploma-level study is required to earn a diploma in fashion design. It is a well-liked diploma program in the area of design. After finishing their tenth-grade coursework, students who really are interested in the subject of fashion design can enroll in a course leading to a diploma. Even after finishing their 12th year, many students enroll in the Diploma in Fashion Designing program.
Diploma holders in fashion design have the option of working as a fashion buyer, visual merchant, fashion influencer, quality controller, brand manager, retail supervisor, entrepreneur, etc.
Eligibility criteria for Diploma in Fashion Designing after 10th and 12th
Eligibility criteria for admission to the Fashion Designing course are as follows:
● Applicants who are interested in pursuing a diploma in fashion design should have completed at least class 10th in order to apply. It should be noted that there are some colleges that accept students after they have completed their 12th grade, such as NIFT, JD Institute, etc.
● Students who wish to pursue a career as a fashion designer after completing their undergraduate or postgraduate degrees can also enroll in the course to acquire the basic skills and knowledge in the field. Thus, pursuing a diploma in fashion designing does not have any age restrictions attached to it.
Admission Process for Diploma in Fashion Designing
As for the admission criteria for the diploma course in fashion designing, these vary from college to college. In most private colleges, students can take advantage of a direct admission system that is based on their merits from class tenth.
NIFT is one of the few colleges that enroll students based on their performance in the Written Round and then a personal interview. For students who apply to the course through online or offline applications, direct admission to the course is granted to them. Upon selection, students are notified by the colleges and are required to pay the admission fees in order to secure their seats once they have been selected.
Applicants for Fashion designing courses are required to pass a written examination as part of the application process after clearing the group discussion and/or personal interview rounds.
However, a few colleges conduct subject-based aptitude tests.
In short, to explain in a simple manner, here is the step-by-step admission process:
● As a first step, applicants should visit the college's official website or campus to acquire the application form by filling it out.
● It is important that you fill out the application form completed by giving as much information as possible.
● The third step is to submit the application form through the college's website or by visiting the college's campus.
● The next step is to upload your document to the college site or to submit the document on campus at the college. Here are some common documents that you might require to submit:
School Leaving Certificate
Passport Size Photographs
Your Signature on White Paper
● The final step is to pay an application fee (the application fees vary from college to college).
Duration for Diploma in Fashion Designing
After completing the 10th grade, the diploma in fashion designing course will last for a period of one year. Some colleges, however, offer a Diploma in Fashion Designing course that takes about two years to complete.
Benefits of Doing Diploma in Fashion Designing
In order to pursue a Diploma in fashion designing, there are many reasons that one might want to do so. Some of these reasons are listed below.
● The diploma program in fashion design provides candidates with practical experience in the field as well as skill development that will aid them in preparing for a career in the exciting world of fashion.
● Aside from improving their skills and qualifications, the course also gives them the opportunity to enhance their personal and professional skills, making them more desirable job applicants in a competitive job market such as the one in the fashion industry.
● Students develop a strong foundation for their skill set based on the expertise, experience, and workshops conducted by industry experts.
● Upon completing a diploma in fashion design, you will have a wide range of employment opportunities in both the private and public sectors.
Syllabus for Diploma in Fashion Designing: After 10th and 12th
General Fashion Theory
History of Costumes
Principles of Fashion Design
Fashion Tools & Techniques
Measurements & Patterns
Silhouettes of Garments
Drafting of Blocks & Patterns
Stitching Methods & Applications
Advertising and Media Planning
Industrial Training Report
Fees for Diploma in Fashion Designing
It is important to note that the fees for diploma courses in fashion design vary from one college to another. It is important to note that every college has its own fee structure. Nevertheless, we would like to point out that government colleges typically have a lower tuition fees than private colleges. The following is a brief description of the fees for a diploma in fashion designing course:
Government colleges charge a fee of Rs.5000 to Rs.20000.
Private colleges charge a fee of Rs.10000 to Rs.200000.
Expected Salary After Completing the Fashion Designing Course: Post 10th and 12th
Fashion Designer: It's a fashion designer's job to sketch fashion ideas, cut out and sew clothes, attend fashion shows, use tailoring skills to make them fit perfectly, draw patterns to create fabric selections, etc. They work for fashion companies or independently. The salary package of the fashion designers is usually about 3.85 LPA
Fashion Retailer: Fashion retailers choose new products and review old ones, find the right suppliers, negotiate prices, and make sure products get delivered on time. They also develop and buy merchandise. The average salary of a fashion retailer is 7.94 LPA.
Pattern Maker: A pattern maker creates templates for clothes, shoes, furniture, and plasticware. Using drifting drafting software or freehand measurements, they translate blueprints and design models into factory patterns. The average salary of a pattern maker is 4 LPA.
Visual Merchandiser: In visual merchandise, businesses and other organizations promote their image, products, and services. Also, they create eye-catching displays that guide customers through the store. The average salary of a visual merchandiser is 4.15 LPA.
Is it Worth Pursuing Diploma in Fashion Designing?
In India and worldwide, fashion designing is one of the fastest growing sectors, so a diploma is worth pursuing. You can get a higher-paying job in fashion design with a diploma.
What is the Admission Procedure to take up a Diploma in Fashion Designing after the 10th and 12th?
In some colleges, students are directly admitted to the program. Others conduct aptitude tests followed by a group discussion and/or a personal interview.